Gut health is at the core of all Optimum You Holistic Health Solutions (programs, coaching and supporting curated product) and the Optimum You Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle – as the health of our gut is central to your overall optimal health and well-being.
A healthy gut contributes to a strong immune system, heart health, brain health, skin health, improved mood, healthy sleep, and effective digestion.
An unhealthy gut is implicated in autoimmune conditions, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, Parkinsons, allergies, asthma, obesity, type 2 diabetes and many more chronic ailments.
Which means: we can hugely influence our long-term health with smart holistic healthy lifestyle habits! Let’s get on it!
What can get our gut out of balance?
- A low-fiber, nutrient-deprived, high-sugar, processed diet and too much alcohol
- Medications like anti-inflammatories, antibiotics, acid blocking drugs, years of birth control and steroids
- Environmental toxins
- Too much negative stress
- Lack of proper recovery and sleep
- Issues can also start in the stomach – and get transported downstream from there
- Lack of or unbalanced movement
Holistic healthy living tips to support your gut:
- Eat whole, unprocessed foods with plenty of fiber.
- Reduce sugar, alcohol, refined and processed foods
- Prebiotic foods like onions, asparagus, leek, garlic, artichoke, banana, chicory feed your beneficial bacteria.
- Probiotic-rich foods such as kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, raw apple cider vinegar, kombucha, miso and fermented vegetables support your gut.
- Polyphenols also act as prebiotics and support your good bacteria. Integrate foods like blueberries, flaxseed meal, raw cacao, plums, cherries, hazelnuts, curcumin, green tea.
- Take probiotics (visit our store to shop for our favourite products!). This is important especially during stressful times, for recovery and regular tune ups.
- Food sensitivities may be causing your gut to get out of balance (this is one of our specialties – so let us know if you need support)
- Move your body and recover well
- Take care of your mind and manage stress
- Make sure to get enough sleep
Give your gut some well-deserved attention with these targeted healthy lifestyle habits and be amazed by how much better you will feel – all around!
I hope this supports you,